24/7, 365 Days a year monitoring and engineer support to keep you and your intruder system protected
You’re investing in the latest technology to protect your people and property, so we highly recommend you take advantage of our comprehensive Monitoring and Maintenance package for your system.
Our packages offer a high level of support to compliment your Intruder Alarm system.
Monitoring & Maintenance Enhanced Cover
No Monitoring & Maintenance
No Service Visit
No Guaranteed Engineer Response Time
No telephone technical support
No alarm activation notification
Cannot reset activated alarm
No online account management function
Monitoring & Maintenance
Annual Service Visits
4 Hour Engineer Response Time (24/7)
24/7 Technical Support 365 days a year
Immediate alarm activation notifications
Simple remote reset
Free online account
Most Popular Features of Alert Enhanced
24/7, 365 Day Engineer Support
For example, our 24/7, 365 day a year engineer support service means we are always here for you.
Online Account Monitoring and Management
Our online account management system means you can log in for free whenever you like to see the status of your alarm and property, great when spending time away on holiday etc.
You can also register and amend ‘Key Holders’ immediately online. .
Monitor and Response Service
We can monitor your system so that when an alarm is activated, we immediately contact you or Emergency response teams to provide on-site support.
An inspection and test procedure will be undertaken at each scheduled maintenance visit consisting of the following:
- Check that the installation, including type, location and siting of all equipment and devices is in accordance with the System Record (As Fitted)
- Clean all sensor covers.
- Check the satisfactory operation of all detection devices.
- Check all cables and conduit are properly supported, undamaged and showing no signs of wear.
- Check for sound physical fixings of all equipment including loosening or corrosion of supports and fixings.
- Inspect all flexible connections.
- Check and tighten all terminals.
- Check mains and stand-by power supplies including charging rates.
- Check control unit for correct operation.
- Check and test the remote signalling equipment to ARC or Police Control Room.
- Check all audible warning and alarm devices for correct operation.
- Check the alarm system is fully operational.
- Customer’s system logbook filled in.