The position of Installation and Service engineers shall report to the Engineering Manager and take full responsibility for all aspects relating to there individual role within the business. In summary the key responsibilities will include:
1. To install, maintain & commission electronic fire and security systems to the highest standards and in accordance with all regulations in force.
2. Deliver excellent Customer Service at all times.
3. Present a professional image through high standards of personal appearance including upkeep of work wear and Company vehicle.
4. Liaise with customers to agree installation/inspection/ repair work
5. Communicate with Customers to ensure their security systems and service contracts arrangements are meeting their requirements.
6. Ensure Customer documentation is current and in good condition
7. Train customers on the correct use of their system
8. Identify opportunities to sell extra works and system enhancements
9. Take responsibility for own personal development ensuring up to date knowledge is maintained in areas such as product range and legislative changes.
10. In addition to the above, Installation and Service engineers will be expected to carry out any job that management consider to be within their capabilities.
INSTALLATION OF SYSTEMS INCLUDING SMALL WORKS
1. Plan the installation of a security system in accordance with the specification
2. Liaise with other customers/contractors to agree access and installation strategy
3. Check materials
4. Ensure safe keeping of plant and materials on site
5. Return surplus and faulty equipment
6. Fix and connect equipment
7. Run cables and fix containments
8. Conduct and record functional tests
9. Commission and correctly document finished systems before handing over to Customers
10. Leave completed systems functioning to Customers satisfaction
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEMS
1. Visit customer premises and conduct and record functional tests on their systems.
2. Ensure the customer is satisfied on the correct operation of the system
3. Repair and replace system components as necessary
4. Maintain van stock of spares and consumables
CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEMS
1. Attend Customers premises in response to system failures and malfunctions
2. Participate in out of hours call out arrangements
3. Check systems to locate faults
4. Identify and rectify faults, repair and replace system components as necessary.
5. Leave systems functioning to Customers satisfaction
6. Return faulty equipment
DOCUMENTATION & COMMUNICATION
1. Complete Service Call Forms, Customer Record Books, Timesheets and Installation documents accurately and legibly
2. Submit Documentation on time
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Comply with prevailing Health and Safety legislation, Company and Customer site specific instructions
2. Use ladders, access equipment, hand and power tools in a safe manner
3. Maintain and use personal protective equipment
4. Maintain tools, calibrated test equipment and plant
5. Conduct all work to prevailing Company and Industry Standards
6. That all personal Health & Safety certification is current